Sunday, August 6, 2017

Two Weeks until Budapest!


I move to Budapest in two weeks. Whaa? When did that happen?! 

Tonight while I worked on some classroom management plans, I listened to a throwback playlist on Spotify. And then it hit me. I'm going to teach high school students. The songs on that playlist were all songs I listened to in high school. It was all kind of nostalgic and crazy to be listening to music from my high school days while preparing to teach actual high schoolers. Woah. When did I become an adult?! I actually think that thought on a somewhat daily basis. And tonight's playlist made me seriously stop and think about it! It honestly wasn't that long ago that I was a high school student myself.
I really like this One Tree Hill quote
While I was preparing some class stuff, I was also texting a friend who is about to begin her own crazy adventure for the next year. And it hit us both: we had no idea when we met two years ago that this is where God would have both of us this year. We had no idea last year as we talked about what we felt God calling us to. Now that we're both weeks away from moving away from the familiar to do things completely unfamiliar to us, it's crazy to see how far God has brought us.

Experience is going to be my greatest teacher throughout this next year. I have so, so much to learn about Hungarian culture and specifically the culture of the school I will be teaching at. I've learned some, but really, there's a lot I can only learn through experiencing it. I'm sure I'll fail often, but I'll learn. I pray that I remain humble enough to ask for help when I need it, and to let failure be a springboard for growth.

Here's to a year of firsts: first time living overseas and first year as a high school teacher. 



No comments:

Post a Comment