Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Satisfaction Part II


I was reading through my journal entries from a study I did on satisfaction with a couple of friends and came across another entry I'd like to share.

August 9, 2015

Today for my study on satisfaction, I want to discover how trust in God is related to the satisfaction we find in Him. Today, my friend made the connection to our fear of the Lord directly impacting the satisfaction that we find in Him. Tonight, I'm just going to see where my wandering mind takes me.

When my friend linked our fear for the Lord with the satisfaction that we find in Him, it got me thinking about another thing that is directly related to the satisfaction we receive from God: our trust in Him. Pslams 9:10 says, "And for those who know Your name will put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." First, we have to know His name. Knowing His name leads to trusting Him. When we trust Him completely, we find our satisfaction in Him alone. If we don't first trust God, we'll never find true satisfaction in Him. If we trust Him in all areas of our lives, turning to Him for satisfaction will be natural. I think that not fully trusting that God has a plan for our lives can lead us to search in other places for satisfaction. We look to our friends, family, work, relationships, substances, etc for satisfaction instead of trusting God to bring us full satisfaction. We have to trust God completely so that we can rely on Him for full satisfaction. We know His name and know that He won't forsake us. This is so amazing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment