Tuesday, January 31, 2017

January 2017 Recap

January went by so quickly! It seems like we just celebrated Christmas, yet it's already the end of January. I thought it'd be fun to do a monthly recap of what I learned, what I read, and what my goals are for the next month. We'll see if I can be consistent in this throughout 2017.

What I'm Learning


Lately, God has been teaching me to worry less and trust more. I feel like this is something I have to remind myself of constantly, but lately, it's been less of a struggle. I used to full on freak out whenever I thought about my future, and now, thinking about what the next year holds is so exciting. Sure, it's a little scary, but God has really worked in my heart so that my default is to trust Him rather than to question Him. Trust more, worry less. This is what I'm learning.




I'm also learning Hungarian. Never thought I'd say that. It's hard, and I feel like I'm failing most of the time, but I'm trying. I just want to at least be  familiar with the language before I move to Budapest. I don't expect to learn all that much on my own. I plan to find a teacher to help me learn it once I move there. Until then, I'm sort of on my own. A friend of mine is also learning, so she helps me, but I'm definitely looking forward to having access to a Hungarian teacher when I move to Hungary later this year.




What I Read
I really enjoyed getting to read each of these books. Sandy Toes is probably my favorite that I read this month simply because it's the newest book in a series that I have loved since I was 15.

                   
 

Goals for February
  • Complete MPD training
  • Read Looming Transitions by Amy Young
  • Make it through at least 2 more chapters of my Hungarian textbook
  • Finish my study on Proverbs (using Journible and the inductive study method)
  • Journal at least 5 times (trying to be better at this!)


No comments:

Post a Comment